Mortgage Loan Officer
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers’ needs.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Work with clients to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans.
- Obtain and Maintain an active MLO license.
- Previous mortgage experience required.