Purpose: Analyze and evaluate residential loan applications in accordance with industry and business standards to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss. Interpret financial, credit and collateral information in such a way to ensure agency and investor guidelines have been met. Work with originators, processors, and other team members to communicate underwriting decisions, clarifications, and guidelines.
- Underwrite conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, bond and jumbo loans.
- Review and clear approval conditions.
- Work with processing and sales to communicate underwriting decisions and answer questions regarding guidelines.
- Stay up to date with company policies and agency/investor guidelines.
- Answer UW Scenario questions as needed
- Complete post-Clear to Close adjustments/updates.
- Review initial loan submissions for completeness of initial loan submission requirements and communicate with loan processors to address deficiencies.
- Work with loan processors/officers on questions regarding loan conditions, procedures, and loan status.
- Complete continuing education as required by LSM.
- Work with Jr underwriters to help expand their knowledge and improve their performance.
- 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
- FHA DE Approval
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Experienced in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Encompass
- VA SAR/LAPP/Automated Credit approval, USDA, and bond loan experience preferred