Purpose: To increase the efficiency, productivity, and quality of the LSM Underwriting Department by assisting the Senior Underwriters and communicating with branch processors, loan officers and the corporate staff.
- Assign and reassign loans to underwriters as their capacity, authority, and loan volume dictates, with the goal of maintaining acceptable turn times.
- Monitor and track the rush process while maintaining a master List of LO earned Plats
- Update and send daily companywide Turn Times email, and answer questions from processors and officers regarding turn times.
- Review initial loan submissions for completeness of initial loan submission requirements and communicate with loan processors to address deficiencies.
- Work with loan processors/officers on questions regarding loan conditions, procedures, and loan status.
- Assist Sr. UW’s with mortgage insurance, Encompass issues, and other requests.
- Review, notate and clear conditions in line with ability and authority, at initial submission and resubmission.
- Complete post-Clear to Close adjustments/updates.
- Complete Closing Disclosure requests, communicating with processor for any changes/additions/updates needed.
- Submit/ Resub Condo approval projects for various investors as needed.
- Stay up to date on changes to loan requirements and company policies.
- Answer UW Scenario questions as needed
- Review Visionet pre-underwritten loans for condition accuracy and return to processing, or forward to underwriting as appropriate.
- Answer questions regarding Visionet conditions and procedures.
- Submit, resubmit, and clear to close loans completed through broker channel or underwritten directly by investor (duty currently completed by processing).
- Review investor suspense and complete loan file reviews to clear suspense items and ensures the loan is salable.
- Preferred 3-years processing or mortgage banking experience.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.